researchers to discuss the UFO Phenomena, how to handle its investigation and the
information it may come from it. The meeting happened last April 18 at the Brazilian Ministry
of Defense building, in Brasilia, the Federal Capital, and over 20 people took part of it.
Cardoso and his associates received the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU)
members to discuss the subject. Present at the meeting, that lasted some 75 minutes,
were also present several representatives from the Brazilian Air Force, Navy and Army,
all subordinated to the Brazilian Ministry of Defense, and who were asked to fully
comply with the ufologists’ requests.
The meeting is a direct reply to the Iguassu Falls Letter, issued during the 4th World UFO
Forum, that happened last December 2012 in Iguassu Falls. In the document,
signed by nearly 30 speakers from over a dozen countries and some 600 people attending
the conference, it is formally requested to the Brazilian Ministry of Defense that all UFO
secret archives are disclosed and an official committee for UFO investigations
is created under the Brazilian Air Force. It is on its way now!
An English version of the Letter is here: http://www.ufo.com.br/public/carta_foz/iguassu_falls_letter.pdf
REPRODUIT CI DESSOUS
Minister Celso Amorim
Ministry of Defense
FOZ DO IGUAÇU LETTER
The participants of the IV World UFO Forum (I UFOZ 2012), that occurred in Foz do Iguaçu from 6 thru 9 of December, under signers of this letter as representatives of the Brazilian UFO Community and some 15 other countries, respectfully present the following facts as premises to your excellency, and last-ly, demand for action, as follows:
1. Considering the unquestionable reality of the worldwide manifestations of the so-called flying saucers, UFOs, which are widely known by various scientific and military segments, for at least 60 years, as advanced extraterrestrial crafts of physical and intelligent nature, and manifested by means of highly advanced technology.
2. Considering that such manifestations, commonly known as UFO Phenomenon, are being sur-veyed and studied by military authorities under several circumstances, including some Brazilian Air Force (FAB) officials, via the Unidentified Aerial Objects Investigation System (Sistema de Investigação de Objetos Aéreos Não Identificados – SIOANI), in 1969,
and by the Operation Plate, in 1977, both publicly known through the partial disclosure of documents related to their workings and achieved results.
3. Considering the system and instrument records of these manifestations as already publicly recognized by several nations around the globe, and the same has occurred in Brazil, in August 10th, 2010, with the publication at the Nation official journal (Diário Oficial da União) of the Resolution 551/GC3, sent forth and signed by the Aeronauti commander, Brigadier Juniti Sai-to(tenente-brigadeiro-do-ar), making known the fact that the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) does ac-commodate, processes and has procedures for UFO sightings and accounts.
4. Considering the numerous occurrences of such phenomenon, when recorded and organized in systematic manner by the Air Forces of several nations, including Brazil, had risen considerable attention to their characteristics in several military rankings and attested that the crafts in-volved possesses an incompatible technology to what is currently known by science and though only conceited within such reserved ranks, need further consideration and investiga-tion.
5. Considering that, due to their nature, though fully described and known by such military com-mands, and due to their constant growing manifestation throughout the planet, the UFO Phe-nomenon has led many nations to dispense their active military resources, through official in-stitutions and investigation offices, cataloguing and studying their peculiar haracteristics, and through such process came to being, inclusively, procedures of cooperation between military forces in these various countries, and in some cases with researchers and civil entities to inves-tigate and research the subject aiming at properly disclosing their findings to the citizens.
6. Considering that, in Brazil, the Air force has already produced significant quantities of infor-mation and documentation regarding sightings, recordings, radar detection, direct contact and even aerial pursuits of such vehicles, and in their majority such data has been classified in vari-ous legal security categories, some remaining as such to this day by unjustifiable means, since they do not pose any national security or civil threats, as determined by the adjunct article XXXIII of the 5th Constitutional Amendment.
7. Finally Considering, that regardless of the dedicated efforts of researchers of the theme, such as the campaign UFOs freedom of Information Now, from the Brazilian UFO Researchers Commission (CBU), in order to, through the legal parameters allowed, effectively proceed with the declassification of military information about the subject in its totality and promoting the full disclosure of such material for public and scientific access, only the Brazilian Air force (FAB) has opened part of its files about the matter to the national archives, while the Navy and Army are delaying in releasing their files in any possible way, against the mandate law number 12.527/2011 (Access of Information Law)Such Brazilian UFO Community, under the umbrella of the Brazilian UFO Researchers Commis-sion (CBU) and the Brazilian UFO Magazine, which for over three decades promotes the research and disclosure of the UFO Phenomenon, respectfully solicits to your Excellency to proceed accordingly to the following, making it through public manifestation
as this OFFICIAL MINISTRY POSITION:
1. Declassification in totality and without restriction of all information and documents previously generated through the Ministry of Defense, including all military forces, that may have had any relation with studying the aforementioned UFO Phenomenon, specifically those that have been insistently requested by ufologists, by means of the Law 12.527/2011, and especially those be-longing to the Navy and Army, though they yet refuse to respond to several requests previous-ly submitted.
3. Disclose to the public all the information relating to the theme in question, both in the past and any that may still be generated by this Ministry, determining the immediate surrender of any material to the National Archives, and not only copies of such, procedure that is being adopted exclusively by the Air Force (FAB), though only partially.
4. Create a mixed and multi-disciplinary commission, with the participation of all three military forces (Aeronautics, Army and Navy) and members of the Brazilian UFO Community, such that, with the aid of military logistic and civilian ufologists, proceeding in the research of the manifestation of the UFO Phenomenon, with subsequent disclosure to
society, through regular means of information that may be suited to the subject.
National Speakers in alphabetical order: A. J. Gevaerd (PR)
ener Silva (SP)
Inajar Antonio Kurowski (PR)
Marco Antonio Petit (RJ)
Marco Aurélio Seixas (SP)
Mônica de Medeiros (SP)
Rafael Amorim (RS)
Ricardo Varela Correa (SP)
Thiago L. Ticchetti (DF)
Wallacy Albino (SP)
International Speakers in alphabetical order:
Andrea Simondini (Argentina)
Antonio Huneeus (EUA)
Cel. Ariel Sanchéz (Uruguay)
Gary Heseltine (Inglaterra)
Jaime Maussán (México)
Jaime Rodriguez (Ecuador)
Coronel Julio Chamorro (Peru)
Roberto Pinotti (Itália)
Rodrigo Fuenzalida (Chile)
Ronald Maidana (Paraguai)
Stephen Bassett (EUA)
Yohanan Díaz Vargas (México)
Expositors in alphabetical order:
Ataide Ferreira Neto (MT)
Carlos Odone (RS)
Daniela Elisa F. Gevaerd (MS)
Eduardo Grosso (Argentina)
Ernani Pimentel (DF)
Francisco Pires de Campos (SP)
Gábor Tarcali (Hungary)
Gilda Moura (RJ)
Guillermo Aldunatti (Argentina)
Liliana F. Grosso (Argentina)
Luis Reinoso (Argentina)
Marcos Malvezzi (SP)
Margarete Áquila (SP)
General Paulo Yog Uchôa (DF)
Silvia Simondini (Argentina)
Wilson Picler (PR)
campaign “UFOs: Freedom of Information Now”, created by Brazilian Committee of UFO
Researchers (CBU) through the Brazilian UFO Magazine, and has so far resulted in the
disclosure of approximately 4,5 thousand pages of previously classified UFO documents
by the Brazilian Government.
All the documents released are here:
disclosure is a direct result of our strategies in the last years, through the above mentioned
campaign, and the Brazilian Ministry of Defense meeting is a recognition of it.
Coordinator, IV World UFO Forum
In the photo aboive, Brazilian UFO Magazine editor A. J. Gevaerd explains to the Military present at the meeting the objectives of the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researcher (CBU) and requests the creation of an official entity for UFO investigations under the Brazilian Air Force. The note below was published at the Brazilian Ministry of Defense official website as a proof of recognition of the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU) efforts.
Ministry of Defense Receives Ufologists to Discuss Documents on UFOs
Brasília, April 18, 2013 Members of the Brazilian Committee of UFO Researchers (CBU)
(MD)’s headquarters to discuss access to military documents on reports of Unidentified
Flying Objects (UFOs).
The meeting was a follow-up to a previous gathering earlier this month, when the Ministry
discussed administrative procedures in response to a request for information delivered
by over 30 Brazilian speakers during the 4th World UFO Forum, promoted by the Brazilian
UFO Magazine (www.ufo.com.br).
At the Forum, a decision was made to the effect that all documents under the
responsibility of the Navy, the Army and the Air Force pertaining to the subject
should be made public, in accordance with the Access to Information Act (LAI).
During this Thursday’s meeting, the UFO researchers reported their difficulties accessing
documents classified as either secret or ultra-secret. “Many questions remained
unsolved about famous incidents such as the Varginha Case, the Mearim corvette incident
and the Trindade Island sightings,” says A. J. Gevaerd, Brazilian UFO Magazine’s editor.
The Secretary for the Ministry’s Institutional Coordination and Organization, Ari Matos,
declares that cases in which information is still not publicly disclosed are exceptions.
According to the Director of the MD’s Organization and Legislation Department,
Adriano Portella, the Defense has been making every effort to meet LAI’s established
deadlines as far as declassification and public exposure of documents is concerned.
According to Ari Matos’ evaluation, the meeting’s most important result was a
mutual partnership established between the militaries and the ufologists. “LAI has
opened to the general public the possibility of accessing a great deal of information
produced by the government. A regular means of contact must be created to suit the
needs of both the UFO researchers and society in general,” says the Secretary.
After the meeting with the militaries, the ufologists celebrated the initiative. “Today is a
Day to remember in the history of Ufology,” said Fernando Aragão Ramalho, from UFO
Magazine. “Never before did a country’s Ministry of Defense summon Ufologists to a
formal discussion about flying saucers,” he celebrated. “We are optimistically standing at
the door that has been opened to us, and we expect to move forward with our
discussions,” Aragão says.
Original source can be reached here: http://tinyurl.com/ch9bt2v